Do you have what it takes to represent, lead and inspire our school as an Ambassador, or even as Head Boy or Girl?
Students going into Years 8-11 can be chosen as Ambassadors. Only new Year 11s will be considered for Head Boy and Girl.
Apply here for either position, or get a paper form from Ms Bozzo or Mrs McNichol.
Deadline: Monday 3 July 2017
Job Description - Ambassador
Ambassadors are important to Ryburn. You will be positive role models to all members of the school and community, building a team spirit and encouraging other students to get involved in school life. You also represent the voice of the students at a high level and can make a real difference.
As such you are expected to:
- Act as a positive role model
- Be a good listener, taking time to understand students’ ideas and concerns in person and via the Voicebox so you can raise issues with decision makers on their behalf
- Work as a team with the other Ambassadors
- Play a lead role in student council meetings
- Work closely with teachers on areas such as developing student leadership, or planning events or assemblies
- Represent the school at important events throughout the year such as Open Evening, community lunch etc. This could include speaking, welcoming guests, supporting other activites etc.
- Meet high standards of politeness, courtesy, dress, attendance and punctuality
- Display highs levels of organisation and commitment
- Be proud of Ryburn and want to contribute to making it the best school it can be
These duties are shared across the Ambassador team, supporting and encouraging each other to develop our strengths. If there are some areas where you feel less comfortable, please do not be put off applying,
Job Description - Head Boy / Girl
As a member of the Ambassador team, all of the job description above also applies to you. In addition, the status of Head Boy or Girl as a leader and figurehead for the school is of great importance. You will be someone students look up to and respect, with influence at a high level. As such, you will need and develop confidence as a public speaker, and demonstrate skills in leading and motivating others.
The Head Boy and Girl and their Deputies are normally selected only from Year 11 students.
How will students be selected?
For all roles, students are invited to apply, either on the paper form or on the web form above. Applications must be submitted by Monday 3 July, and shortlisted students will be invited to an interview. Students will be chosen based on their interview and feedback from their teachers and Head of Year.