Residential for Year 7 students, full of outdoor adventures, team building and fun.
Information for Year 7 Parents and Carers:
We are now very close to Year 7 Camp, so may I remind you that the coaches will depart from school at 9.30 a.m. on Monday, 19 June 2017. Please try to arrive between 9 a.m. and 9.15 a.m. When you arrive at school, please follow the instructions below:
(a) Drop your son/daughter off at the top of the drive.
(b) Ask your son/daughter to take their bags etc to the Tennis Courts, where they will be put into form groups. (If the weather is bad we will use the Sports Hall).
Staff will then put pupils onto coaches. Pupils should not go anywhere near the coaches until asked to by staff. The coaches will be parked in the normal after school bus bays.
May I also remind you of the following:
- A packed lunch with a re-usable drinks container is required for the day of arrival
- Warm clothes at night are essential as it gets very cold. An old pair of trainers would also be useful.
- Please do not bring any valuable items or electrical equipment, as the school will not be held responsible for its loss or damage.
- Mobile phones should not be taken to camp. There are no payphones on the site, but parents will be informed immediately if there are any problems. Updates and photographs will be put on our Facebook page on a daily basis.
- The coaches will return to school at approximately 3.15pm. on Friday, 23 June. Please be available to pick up your child. If we are running late we will inform school reception.
- The last night will involve a special ‘Talent Show’ if your child has a talent, either as an individual or as part of a group at camp, tell them to get practicing!!
- There is only one small tuck shop on camp. £5 spending money will be ample.
- Finally, detailed risk assessments have been written for the trip to make it as safe as possible. If any parent/carer would like to view the risk assessments, please contact Mr Clarke on 01422 832070.
Finally, can I wish you all a peaceful week away from your children!! If you need to contact the camp (this must only be done in an EXTREME emergency) please use the number below and ask for a message to be passed to Mr Clarke of Ryburn Valley High School.
Camp Address: Kibblestone International Scout Camp, Oulton, Stone, Staffordshire ST15 8UJ Telephone : 01785 813407
- 2 x Outdoor footwear (1 wet and 1 dry)
- 3 to 4 pairs of trackies/combats(NOT JEANS)
- 4 to 5 T shirts
- 3 to 4 Sweatshirts (Warm Layers) Plenty of Undies
- Warm Jacket
- Warm sleeping clothes
- Waterproofs - send your child with what you have, we can supply a good waterproof if required
- Warm Sleeping Clothes
- 2 x Towel (1xvery big one for changing purposes) Toiletries
- Baby wipes (Great for a quick freshen up)
- Lunch box
- Bin Bags for separating wet clothes
- Torch and spare batteries - a must!!
- Small rucksack / Daypack
- Labelled Medication if needed
- Sun protection
- Drinks bottle
- Sleeping Bag & Pillow
- Wellies or waterproof boots
This kit list does not include anything optional. All items are very important, remember, we can supply a good waterproof so if your child does not have one to bring then please don't worry. Lots of changes of clothes and bin bags are really important as we cannot guarantee the weather. Valuables cannot be looked after.
Please DO NOT bring mobile phones.