Set in the great Staffordshire outdoors, this Year7 residential is the perfect opportunity for your child to develop team building skills. This visit will aid in enhancing social development of the pupils and provide them with essential outdoor skills, through set activities such as, bush craft, climbing, archery, canoeing, orienteering and a camp essential, how to build a fire.
May I remind you of the following:
- A packed lunch with a re-usable drinks container is required for the day of arrival
- Warm clothes at night are essential as it gets very cold. An old pair of trainers would also be useful.
- Please do not bring any valuable items or electrical equipment, as the school will not be held responsible for its loss or damage.
- Mobile phones should not be taken to camp. There are no pay phones on the site, but parents will be informed immediately if there are any problems. Updates and photographs will be put on our Facebook page on a daily basis.
- The last night will involve a special ‘Talent Show’ if your child has a talent, either as an individual or as part of a group at camp, tell them to get practicing!!
- There is only one small tuck shop on camp. £5 spending money will be ample.
Full Kit List:
- 2 x Outdoor footwear (1 wet and 1 dry)
- 3 to 4 pairs of trackies/combats(NOT JEANS)
- 4 to 5 T shirts
- 3 to 4 Sweatshirts (Warm Layers) Plenty of Undies
- Warm Jacket
- Warm sleeping clothes
- Waterproofs - send your child with what you have, we can supply a good waterproof if required
- Warm Sleeping Clothes
- 2 x Towel (1xvery big one for changing purposes) Toiletries
- Baby wipes (Great for a quick freshen up)
- Lunch box
- Bin Bags for separating wet clothes
- Torch and spare batteries - a must!!
- Small rucksack / Daypack
- Labelled Medication if needed
- Sun protection
- Drinks bottle
- Sleeping Bag & Pillow
- Wellies or waterproof boots
This kit list does not include anything optional. All items are very important, remember, we can supply a good waterproof so if your child does not have one to bring then please don't worry. Lots of changes of clothes and bin bags are really important as we cannot guarantee the weather. Valuables cannot be looked after.
Please DO NOT bring mobile phones.