We provide students with a wide range of opportunities to develop their leadership skills in preparation for life beyond Ryburn. There are a number of groups which allow our students to take responsibility and have an impact on the day to day running of the school, such as the student council and peer mentors. These groups create a culture of teamwork and develop the interpersonal skills of all involved.
Many student leadership activities focus on the quality of teaching and learning within the classroom, supporting the school's culture of excellence.
- Empowers students to work in partnership with staff towards common goals
- Provides opportunities for students to develop their leadership skills through a variety of challenging and inspiring activities.
- Creates skilled global citizens who can lead and make the world a better place
- Allows creativity to flourish through the innovative and creative ideas lead by the Arts Council
- Reinforces the contribution the school makes to and within the community.
What’s in it for busy students?
- Gain confidence and skills to equip them for the future, including leadership, organisation and communication
- Explore their own talents and interests outside the academic realm, such as nurturing others, planning events or fundraising
- Professional training opportunities
- Experiences can contribute towards UCAS applications
- Log time in their volunteering booklets
- Increase chances of employment
- Higher profile within the school amongst staff and students