Ryburn's school council is made up of representatives from every form in the school, chosen democratically by their classmates. We hold occasional meetings of the whole school council, and regular meetings of Year Council groups. They discuss and advise the school on everything from the school canteen to reviewing the aims of the school.
Every Ryburn student is encouraged to contribute towards the life of the school, and their form representatives are a key way to do that. School Council reps have to canvas opinions from their classmates to feed into council meetings, and to feed back in class or assemblies on school council activities and discussions.
The Year Councils have each come up with their own focus for a campaign or project. Year 7 are currently working on supporting and welcoming Year 6 pupils as they get ready to start at Ryburn. Year 8 are running an anti-bullying campaign. Year 9's focus is gender equality. And Years 10 and 11 are working on mental health, particularly around exam time.
Our School Council Reps:
- 8.1 Olivia Appleyard, Bryony Smith and Grace Fawcett
- 8.2 Ben Russell and Jamey Doyle
- 8.3 Ollie-Jay Wood and Jacob Kirk
- 8.4 Cameron Lanyuni and Rosie Horbury
- 8.5 Emily Culf, Will Crossley and Ethan Wilkinson
- 8.6 Lucas Mackrill, Alice Moffat, Sophie Butterfield, Cavan King and Paige Hardcastle
- 8.7 Daniel Metcalf and Isaac Westwood
- 8.8 Ellie Nutton and Kian Mellad
- 8.9 Reece McLaughlin and Mia Harrison