Ryburn students look smart and feel ready to learn.
UPDATE TO POLICY: Please note that from September 2018, Black 'sports styled' shoes such as Vans, Converse or Adidas will no longer be permitted.
Our students are expected to have a high standard of personal appearance at all times. Parents/carers will be asked to replace any items which are not the correct uniform.
This is a short guide to our uniform code. Further information is given in the student planner.
These are clip on and must be attached to the very top of the shirt collar.
Plain white school shirt. This should be tucked in with the collar buttoned to the neck to enable a clip on tie to be worn.
Jumper or Blazer
This is navy with the Ryburn crest. Either a jumper or blazer must be worn around school.
TROUSERS AND SKIRTS
Skirts and trousers should be a formal school style. No other styles are appropriate, including jeans style, denim, tight fitting, leggings, very wide leg, cropped or rolled up. They should not have studs, ties, zips or other embellishments. Short skirts are not appropriate.
Only plain black, formal, leather (or leather look), low heeled shoes or ankle boots are allowed, the sort which would be appropriate for a smart office environment. No high heels, pumps, or sports style shoes such as Converse and Vans are allowed. There should be no visible logos or embellishments such as large buckles.
- Hair colour and style must be appropriate for school. No unnatural hair colouring or any extreme hairstyles/shaven heads/tramlines.
- A watch and one small stud in each ear is allowed. No other jewellery is permitted for safety reasons. No other body piercing, tattoos or stretchers allowed.
- No make up is allowed in KS3. Subtle make up may be worn in KS4.
- Coloured nail polish and fake nails are not allowed.
Where to buy
Official stockists of Ryburn's badged school uniform items:
- Shaw Hardcastle, 3 Old Market, Halifax, HX1 1TJ. Tel: 01422 353949
- The Uniform Shop, Union Street, Halifax, HX1 1PR. Tel: 01422 382550
Other uniform items are widely available. Please note, not all items advertised in the 'school uniform' section of high street shops are suitable. If in doubt, please check before you buy.